Sunday 5 January 2014

Storage Storage and more Storage



Hello and Happy New Year!

We've now entered 2014 and I think theirs no better time to organise your room/ personal space. I'm quite organised and I like knowing where something is, rather than searching around my room- so you can imagine how frustrating it is when something is ' borrowed' or moved.

I spent all day organising my jewelry, clothes, papers etc.…and left my favorite part (the makeup oranising) last, this is usually because it takes me the longest as I end up getting so engrossed and trying different looks, I forget what I was actually supposed to be doing. 

I have this brilliant makeup case that I take on makeup trials with me, however that’s just for the clients. My own makeup I keep in a large organiser box on my dresser. This was fit for purpose but the compartments weren’t big enough and I constantly felt like I was rummaging every morning!

Knowing what I needed, I went googling and found most make up cases either not big enough, too delicate, ridiculously expensive or Rather cheap and looked like it would fall apart the moment I’d put my eyelash curler in there. Sigh

Then one day... on a walk through IKEA I found these large plastic boxes, of all different sizes, which you can stack on top of each other.  What I loved about these boxes, was that you could completely tailor them to your need, and make it up of smaller boxes, the longer ones, maybe throw in a big box!

I did originally want a clear plastic, but these are brilliant because they don’t get mucky as often as they would if they would be clear.

I’m very happy with my organized boxes. I can understand they may not be as pretty on the eye as the boxes the Kardashian use, but they are fit for purpose, and come with a reasonable price tag, so all in all… a winner for me.

I will be sharing other storage examples…and please feel free to share yours!




No comments:

Post a Comment