Sunday 5 January 2014

Hand Made Gift Ideas!



Hello!

This Christmas, My partner and I decided to make hand made gifts to each other. We both are saving up and we both wanted to make gifts for each other because it’s more sentimental and personal.
When we originally set each other this task, I had all these ideas...and then a complete mind block followed this.  I searched the Internet and found some ideas on Pinterest, which turned out to be a lifesaver. There are so many great ideas that are really sentimental, and cost practically nothing. I do urge everyone to try this out and I’ve included some ideas below to get you going!
Gift Ideas!

   A basket with their favorite foods e.g. homemade cookies and Pies! Yum
   A photo album of your time together. You can great deals to print the pictures out cheaper
   A scrapbook of your time together
   A book of tokens that your other half can cash in. E.g. A token for breakfast in bed
   Make your own canvas with a personal message.
   If you're arty then you can maybe draw your other half a picture, or alternatively paint them a picture*
   Grab your needle kit out and stitch them a personal message on a pillow cushion
   Knit a scarf- depending on time and skill!


Hope these ideas have inspired you!


I made my partner a Canvas. It was pretty easy. I did this by printing out the message on A3 paper and stuck it on the back of the canvas. I made sure I cellotaped the paper to ensure it didn't move around. I then stenciled the letters...very slow work, and spent the rest of the afternoon painting it in.  The song is personal to us both, which made the present quite personal.

My partner is the arty one, and is quite skilled in this area, so he drew me this wonderful picture of me. I love it!


Good Luck  


No comments:

Post a Comment