Friday 17 January 2014

Zukreat Artist of Makeup Contour Sticks Review + Swatches


 Zukreat Artist of Makeup Contour Sticks Review 


 Having followed Zukreat for many years, and having seen her work via YouTube/ Facebook/ Instagram, I, like many people have been eagerly awaiting  the AOM  line to release, hoping it would live up to its hype.
Contouring is now a well-known process since the release of Kim K’s pictures, as it gives us those cheekbones and slim nose that we oh so want!! I purchased two contouring sticks, at the price of £18 each.  As a MUA, and a self-confessed Junkie, The thought did cross my mind ‘Do I really need another contouring product?!’…YES YES I do!  I was quick to realise that this product gives a different finish,to similar products on the market.



The product comes in a stick applicator, which is convenient, and also has the expiry date on the product, which is a helpful reminder.
The texture is very creamy and easy to blend. I applaud Zukreat as she has been able to create a product that is oh so creamy without being greasy! When blended out, the contoured sticks give the face an obvious defined look, but what I love about this product the most, is just how buildable it can be, to give a more dramatic look.


When I first received the products (the delivery was very speedy) I was surprised at how much product you actually get in these tubes! Bonus!

Now contouring can be difficult to grasp if you’re new to all of this, and it can be a brain puzzle trying to work out what you are supposed to contour?!, What colour to use?! Foundation first or on top?! What brush!??  Breathe!




Contouring is actually very simple, with very quick results, and like anything…it’s just practice, practice and more practice.
Let’s begin!

Disclaimer: It’s not a pretty process but once all blended out it looks great. If you think you look ridiculous then you’re doing it right.

The idea is to highlight the areas on your face that you want to pop; this is where the light would normally hit your face.  You apply the darker contour colour to the areas you would want to minimise, and also sharpen e.g. Jaw line, nose etc.

Now contouring is not a one trick pony that fits all. It’s all dependent on your face shape. Some people already have quite defined facial features, and do not need any contouring. It’s all dependent on your face shape and your features, along with your own 
personal preference.
























This is a general guide to give you an idea of areas to contour-
I started off by washing my face and applying Bobbi Brown Intensive Moistrouser Cream. To apply the contour you can either use a brush or apply the sticks directly. If you’re new to contouring, I would suggest using a small brush ( Samantha Chapman concealour brush due to its size is great) or any tapered brush so you can get the sharp lines needed.
I found the AOM contour sticks to be so creamy and so easy to blend. I used my beauty blender to blend the contouring, and I was so surpised at the result. The contour sticks blended out just as youd hope to leave you with the idea base.
After blending out the contouring, I applied foundation on top of the contour- This gives your base a more natural look .This is a personal preference, so don’t be put off if you do it the other way. I applied the foundation with my MAC stippling brush, however you could also use a Beauty Blender ( a different one if you used this to blend out the contour, or a cleaner one).






I added my NARS powder under my eyes and set the darker contour with my bronzer. A sweep of blusher and my illamasque lip-gloss in Champagne, and I’m set!

The final result was this :

I cannot recommend Zukreats contour sticks enough and I’m excited to try the rest of her range! What I have been looking for is a contour stick/ highlight product that really makes your under eye area pop instead of leaving you with that dull look, and I have finally found it!

Thank you!  

7 comments:

  1. Love it! You're so gorgeous :D

    xo
    LipstickVillain.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment Chrissie!

      Delete
  2. did you get the dark contour or the medium one? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ciara

      Thank you for your comment- I used the medium contour stick

      Thank you

      Delete
  3. I've followed back! thank you for your lovely comment!

    Take Care! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya. Have you tried the AOM blushers?

    ReplyDelete