Wednesday 18 December 2013

Sleek Make-Up Palettes













Hello Junkies

Welcome to my ‘ Sleek Palette’ Review. This blog came about, because I’ve had clients during bookings asking me about the Sleek palettes after spotting them in my makeup trolley. Most of you have probably heard/ seen/ read reviews on the Sleek line, which is said to ‘Cater for all skin complexions’.

Whilst walking around my local SuperDrug, I was drawn to the Sleek counter (as I am to most makeup counters) and bought some of their eye shadow palettes, due to word of mouth recommendation from a fellow MUA. Whilst I was perusing the Sleek Counter, I gave into temptation and ended up buying quite a few other products, after doing some quick swatching -I will review these at a later date.

Like most makeup brands, there are some products which I love, and some which don’t live up to the hype- I will go through these, but for the purpose of the blog, I will be reviewing just the eye shadow palettes.

I have chosen 4 quite popular eye shadow palettes to review so you get the Jist of the colour payoff and the texture of the product. Each palette is £9 each and I have to say- it’s a bargain for what you get! The palettes all come with a Mirror and those eye sponge sticks ( yes that's what I'm going to call them), but I throw them away as soon as I open the case! If any one does have a Sleek Palette which I haven’t reviewed, just leave me a message if you would like me to do a review- or a tutorial if you are trying to achieve a certain look. J

If anyone does want to peruse the website- you can order online then just follow this link : http://www.sleekmakeup.com/

 **If anyone would like to see me re-create any looks using these palette's then please feel free to contact me :) **
Let's begin

Snapshot Palette

As you can see this Palette is made up of some matte and shimmer shadows.

This has to be one of my favourite palettes from Sleek and that's because of the shimmer shadows.  The eye shadows in this palette are very bendable and have a creamy texture. If you're looking to invest in a sleek palette, I would recommend this palette, but that's based on how pigmented the shimmer eye shadows are. The 4 matte colours ' do the job', but I wasn't drawn to the colours and The matte colours don't give the colour payoff that I was expecting, which left me quite disappointed.

Original sleek palette

This was actually the first sleek palette I purchased, and it's one I go back to time and time when collecting my favourites. Whenever showing my clients the palettes- this has to the one that most people are the most drawn to because of it's 'earthy colours'.

This palette is comprised of metallic pigments which are so pigmented and are really creamy. With the shimmer, you get the age old problem of fallout. I deal with this by using a eye shield or powder.

I honestly cant speak more highly of this palette- the only gripe I have is that this is my second palette because I dropped my first one and it smashed everywhere, but that's my fault and at £9 a palette I cant really complain!.


I have used this palette to create many Smokey eye looks/ Indian bridal because of the gold shimmers.  I love the greens/ blues in this palette, and due to the rich colours you can really use these palettes to create some extreme looks.
Sunset palette


'Sunset shades represent the sun, sea and sand. With a blend of shimmering golds, reds and blues'. I always call this my ' holiday palette' as these are the colours you would reach for when on holiday as they create a warm look. I would pair this look up with a dewy foundation and a nude lip to really bring out the eyes.

 When using these shimmers I have to say - less is more- otherwise you are going to find It difficult to blend, and control the fallout. You can defiantly build the colour with these shimmers, but always tap of your brush first!

 

Ultra Matte V1 Palette

 This palette really lives up to its name and is comprised of all Matte colours. Sleek describe these colours as ' bendable and creamy' which they are! In my opinion, they can appear slightly chalky but are workable.

With the bright colours, you can create some quite shocking looks. I have used this palette to create a rainbow eye- with a slick of eyeliner, which really made the eye POP. I do like this palette due to the range of colours, but I wouldn't class it as essential to my kit. If you haven't already got any matte colours then its a good purchase, but you will still need the matte neutrals which this palette doesn't offer.






I have swatched each palette so you can get an idea of the colour pay off and also the texture of each eye shadow.





1st- From the  Ultra Matte V1 Palette. (2nd row. No2)
2nd- From the Sunset Palette- ( 1st Row. No6)
3rd From the Original Sleek Palette (1st Row. No5)
4th- From the Snapshot-( 1st Row No4)

Thank you!


1 comment:

  1. Great blog. I love the sleek palettes. Good for my sensitive skin and fab colour range. Thx Sonia. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete